Doctor…Doctor who?
In a nutshell Doctor Who is a sci-fi show on the BBC about an alien race
called the Time Lords. His name is the Doctor and he can travel through time and space in his T.A.R.D.I.S., which
stands for time and relative dimensions in space. He usually brings a companion or two on his trips, which
include, Men, Women and even robotic dogs.
The show has been going on for 50 years and isn’t finished yet. How could a show possibly last for 50 years? Well when the Doctor is near death he is able to regenerate into a new face. So far he has regenerated 12 times (13 if you really want to get technical), Peter Capaldi plays the most recent Doctor, Capaldi was introduced on the show Christmas Day 2013. The companions come and go with the Doctor there have been 50 of them in total.
The Doctor defeats monsters, saves races and plants and has a very good time doing it. One of the most popular and long lasting villains are the Daleks from the planet Scaro. They have been around since the beginning and are said to be one of the most feared races in the universe. The uniqueness of the show seems to be what really pulls viewers in as well as the heart filled dialogue and character interaction.
Each person can have their ‘own Doctor’ since he regenerates, he has a different personality each time so you’re bound to love one of them and if you don’t there’s always Captain Jack Harkness an immortal time agent who joins the Doctor on several occasions. He is one of the most liked characters ever invented and is able to win the heart of just about everyone on the show, men, women and aliens alike.
The show has been going on for 50 years and isn’t finished yet. How could a show possibly last for 50 years? Well when the Doctor is near death he is able to regenerate into a new face. So far he has regenerated 12 times (13 if you really want to get technical), Peter Capaldi plays the most recent Doctor, Capaldi was introduced on the show Christmas Day 2013. The companions come and go with the Doctor there have been 50 of them in total.
The Doctor defeats monsters, saves races and plants and has a very good time doing it. One of the most popular and long lasting villains are the Daleks from the planet Scaro. They have been around since the beginning and are said to be one of the most feared races in the universe. The uniqueness of the show seems to be what really pulls viewers in as well as the heart filled dialogue and character interaction.
Each person can have their ‘own Doctor’ since he regenerates, he has a different personality each time so you’re bound to love one of them and if you don’t there’s always Captain Jack Harkness an immortal time agent who joins the Doctor on several occasions. He is one of the most liked characters ever invented and is able to win the heart of just about everyone on the show, men, women and aliens alike.
I love TV shows and I alway want to find the best one to watch. I found your blog very interesting and helpful. I never watch "doctor who" but all my friend loving it , I don't very know what it all about so I didn't very get in to watching it but after I read your blog, I finally start watching it. I'm on season 1 and I started to get addict to this show thank to you. Anyway I look forward to reading more of your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteI love it! This actually makes me want to watch Doctor Who, even though I have nothing against it. I haven't seen a single episode...yet. But overall, I really like your article, it's very informal and helps me comprehend this series more. I don't think you need any advice from me since it's pretty good enough as it is. Great article! :)
ReplyDeleteAhh DW is one of my all-time favorite shows! If a person is ever confused about Doctor Who (which is basically almost everyone.) can come to this site and actually understand the basics of it. Reading this gives me the feeling to have a DW marathon soon. I cannot wait till more episodes of the 13th Doctor come out!
ReplyDeleteLOVED IT! I spend my weekends catching up on all of my favorite TV shows but once I'm caught up, I'm left with nothing to watch. I was very intrigued when reading this and now I'll look in on Doctor Who. I will most definitely check up on your blog in these upcoming weeks.
ReplyDelete