Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Orphan Black

          “You’re the only person I can talk to about this and you’re another version of me.” Alison Hendrix
          Well today we will be talking Orphan Black.  This one is going to be real hard to explain so I’ll just dive right in.  It starts out with normal, orphan, Sarah Manning witnessing a girl jump in front a moving train, but that’s not the weird part.  The weird part is that she looked exactly like Sarah.  The first thing Sarah does is grab the girl’s purse and run back to her brother, Felix Dawkins' place.  

            She soon finds out that this girl has been living a nice life and transforms to take her place.  She convinces everyone that the girl on the train tracks is actually her and becomes Elizabeth Childs.  So now’s the real weird part.  Sarah finds out that, guess what? There’s nine identical versions of her, she’s a clone! 
          The main clones are from left to right, Sarah Manning, Helena, Alision Hendrix, Cosima Niehaus, and Elizabeth Childs.

          Through out the series Sarah, Helena and Alison become good friends and work together to try to work out the mystery of how they could possibly be clones.  Sarah is forced to pose as a cop in her new life as Elizabeth Childs, Cosima is the Scientist and Alison is the soccer mom.  The three clones are not only trying to work out the details but also keep themselves safe from Helena, who happens to be a religious nut that is convinced she is the original clone and the rest are superior to them.

          The girls all have ‘monitors’ secret people who are keeping track of how the clones are doing.  That becomes another struggle since most of their monitors happen to be their husbands/girlfriends.  Most of the time desire overcomes them and they end up just forgetting that they are probably the enemy. The show is a crazy, awesome sci-fi mystery that is just impossible to resist.

3 comments:

  1. This TV show sound really interesting. I love how you get right to the point and very descriptive of the story. You make it much more easier to understand. I looking forward to watch this show soon. Thanks for the recommendation. I really enjoy reading your blog, keep up the good work :) !! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your blog. I've heard that Orphan Black is a great show, but your review definitely proves that it is interesting and it is a show that I should definitely check out. Your post was very well-written, and I can't wait to read your upcoming blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY A SHOW THAT HAS CLONING AND SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PLOT! I have never heard of this show till now but this will definitely be on my list of shows to watch this summer.

    ReplyDelete