Monday, April 14, 2014

Sherlock

 "We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”-John Watson
Sherlock is the TV adaptation of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle.  Sherlock Holmes, played by Benedict Cumberbatch, is a sociopath consulting detective.  He solves crimes with the help of his friend and blogger, John Watson.  Sherlock loves anything blood and gore, especially murder. 
“Four Serial suicides and now a note! It’s Christmas!” – Sherlock Holmes
The show so far has only three seasons, and each season has only three episodes, each episode an hour and a half long.  There have been about a two year hiatus between seasons.  Meaning Sherlockians are not fangirls you want to mess with.  
Season three aired in January of this year.  I think it was the best season yet with several plot twists and major character development.  When Sherlock "returns from the dead" he finds John Watson has a fiancé, Mary, and a rather unpleasant mustache.  Anderson, Sherlock’s former enemy has spent his last two years obsessing over Sherlock, somehow knowing he is really alive and meeting in a group to figure out how Sherlock could have survived his faked death. 
Episode two is John’s wedding and is one of the very rare times Sherlock starts to show emotion even though he is completely unaware on how to react to other people’s emotions in the room.  He gives a lovely speech about his only best friend, John and even gets himself a girlfriend even if it is only to retrieve a password from her work. 
Like most season finale ‘His last vow’ ended in a huge cliff hanger which was shown after the credits.  I’m not so sure those Sherlock fans are going to be able to hold out another two years to find out the meaning of all that has happened.  

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog. This show doesn't really capture my interest,but you did a great job of explaining it throughly. I also liked the fact that you gave a brief description of the characters. To improve your blog I would just maybe add the TV shows rankings or ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHERLOCK MY TV BABY! The way you kept the summaries short and simple without giving anything away is great. Sherlockians are truly people no one wants to mess with since our patience has already been worn down. You should post pictures of the characters or the actors in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this a lot. I have never seen the show so this gave me a preview of what I would be expecting, who the characters are, etc. It was good you put the quotes in because it definitely added a little more to your blog. I'm excited to read the next thing you write about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After watching all three seasons I thought I already knew every detail of the third season but after reading this I have a better overall view of season three. You really show how fans of the show have to put up with the long gaps between seasons. Overall your blog explained the theme and feeling of the show very well, I can't wait to read your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the show and the blog. It explains more about the show and the magnificent mind of Sherlock. I really like reading your blog and it's so amazing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete